Sunday, November 15, 2020

Real Gold Pen - Osage Orange Wand

  

Saturday I finished the Gold Pen.  A Tec 7 with gold metal and a few layers of CA over the gold flake an alumilite resin blank that Nancy made.  It will be listed at https://www.etsy.com/shop/DutchEye 
Sunday I had some fun with the threads of the big lathe.  I held a Dremel to the wood while resting on the carriage to get the finish.  Half is left hand the other half right hand threads.  The plan is to leather braid the handle area.   The tip is burnt, and sparkle red ink in the valleys, oak stain on the ridges and handle area.    The wood is osage orange, a very tough wood, my table saw was having a tough time cutting the blank.




oooooooooooo gooooooooold
Here is the leather that will be braided into the handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Texas Flight

  From a 16" wide plank of old growth teak I cut out a Texas board, then wire brushed it to give it a nice rustic texture, but still sm...